In keeping with this philosophy, we will:
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions for all individuals in the workplace. This includes tools, equipment, and materials free of recognizable and preventable hazards.
- Uphold safety procedures. These will never be compromised to achieve other goals.
- Design, construct, operate, and uphold our work areas in accordance with all applicable standards, laws, and established safety practices.
- Recognize that an effective safety program extends beyond normal working hours. This includes providing effective on-the-job safety and health management while encouraging safety in employees, contractors, and their families off-the-job site.
- Maintain safety rules and procedures with firm and fair enforcement, and effectively communicate these expectations to all who work on All Around's locations in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, and North Dakota.
- Provide essential supervisory and employee training so that each person can acquire the knowledge, skills, and outlook needed to perform their work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Promote good health and safety attitudes by enlisting the support of all employees and contractors through communication and appropriate recognition of superior safety performances.
- Achieve leadership in accident prevention and health protection by constantly improving safety performance with the objective of eliminating accidents and exposure to hazards.
Safety is no accident.
Globally, the construction industry is recognized as one of the most hazardous work environments. The challenge is to conduct operations without harming those directly and indirectly involved with its activities. In 2012, All Around Roustabout implemented a strategic plan that aimed to deliver a consistent zero recordable incident performance and a global lost time accident rate of zero per million man hours worked through 2013. In the first quarter of 2014 our company achieved our Zero Lost-Time (ZLT) Injuries goal for our second consecutive year.
To achieve this, we adopted rigorous safety standards that go above and beyond, delivered weekly safety classroom training and education to both employees and contractors, and incorporated safety into the production process to attain our safety goals.
As part of our construction management services, we provide our clients with our Zero Accident Program (ZAP) brand of safety, resulting in ZERO recordable injuries throughout All Around Roustabout. Our commitment to ZAP is unmatched in the construction industry, going far beyond the standard safety program. It is not just the right choice; it’s the only choice. It is a way of life and culture, which values the worth and total wellbeing of all individuals on our jobsite, and extends to their families. We firmly believe that no injury is acceptable and working unsafely is not an option. We believe that with this approach, we can positively influence everyone associated with All Around.
Some key components of ZAP include:
- Employee orientation
- Drug testing
- Job hazard analysis
- Hot work permit procedures
- Confined space permit procedure
- Project analysis
- Evacuation planning and drills
- Highly developed training program
- Safety inspections, interviews and audits
- Environmental monitoring
We strive to set the standard for safety.
At All Around, we begin every workday with tailgate safety talks and reviewing “near miss” scenarios, and every supervisory meeting begins with discussing the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) form—the blueprint to jobsite safety. We have developed extensive safety programs that produce results and have contributed to Zero Lost-Time (ZLT) Injuries at our jobsites.
We are committed to the following:
- Conducting all of our activities in a manner that accounts for the impact to the safety and health of our workforce and communities.
- Preventing injuries and illnesses and to the continual improvement of our safety and health management and performance
- Evaluating and complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as other pertinent requirements at each location where we conduct business.
- Communicating this policy to all employees, making it available to the public, and establishing procedures to receive and respond to inquiries from external interested parties.
- Alerting affected individuals and authorities of any safety and health incidents in a timely and effective manner. Thorough investigations will be conducted, and corrective and preventative actions shall be implemented and monitored.
- Having Senior Management maintain and periodically review the implementation of the safety and health policy.